Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hellooooooo Blogspot!

So I have been tossing around the idea of starting a blog for a couple of months now.  I kept worrying about what I would post about and whether or not I would be able to keep up with it and wondering why anyone would want to read my drivel anyway.  I fretted and argued with myself about whether there was any reason for me to have a blog at all.


Fact # 1:  I'm a bit neurotic and over-think just about everything.


And yet here I am, it's one in the morning, I have to be awake by about 8:30 in order to get ready and catch a bus to work and what am I doing?  I'm watching Dr. Who and typing up a blog post that seems to be heading int he direction of "random facts about me."  Well, I suppose there's worse openings for a blog.  No reason not to let you know a bit about me before I start posting.


Fact # 2:  I suffer intense bursts of late night / early morning inspiration and motivation.  This is good for productivity, but not great for my sleep patterns.


Fact # 3:  I <3 Dr. Who.


So really the question is, now that I have started writing with no real plan, where to go from here?  I suppose I could actually give you some idea of what I hope to accomplish with this blog.  Mostly, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure.  There you go, how's that for honesty?  I dabble in this that and the other thing.  From writing to art to various crafting endeavors.  This will be a place for me to keep tabs on my own work and progress.  A place to track how productive-- or, more often, not productive-- I am being, while at the same time hopefully adding a little color and amusement to your lives as well.


Fact # 4:  I do so love to make other people smile.


I feel like this post has gone everywhere and nowhere all at the same time, but hopefully you will bare with me.  I do believe that watching 5 episodes straight of Dr. Who is making my mind race a little more than usual, and it may, in fact, even be affecting my 'speech' patterns.  .... Is it still considered a speech pattern if it's written word?  Writing patterns, I suppose, would be more accurate and yet it doesn't seem to hold the same connotation for me.


That, I think, is proof enough that I am too tired to continue and that I really should get to bed so that I can be even remotely worth while at work tomorrow.  So, to make a long story short ((too late, I realize, and for that I apologize)) this is a place where I will hopefully be posting random bouts of creativity in the future and I hope that you will enjoy what you see and give me honest and constructive feedback.


Fact # 5:  I always appreciate honest criticism-- even when it makes me cry.


Fact # 6:  I am often over-emotional, so don't take it personally if I do start to cry. ;P


Thank you and goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment